Follow these instructions to convert your Studio Fabric Cutter into a Studio 2:
- Gather your Conversion Kit parts and hex wrench. The sides are bundled together with a ribbon of shrink wrap. Remove only the outer wrap, leaving the remaining wrap that holds the roller sides together until you've finished the installation process.
- Using the hex wrench, remove the eight bolts that are on the current roller sides and discard. Do not reuse the bolts.
- Carefully slide out each roller side and set aside.
- Take one of the new roller sides and position the four bolts in line with the bolt holes on the machine base.
- Note: Be sure to position the roller sides so any labels are on the same side as the machine handle.
- Insert the bolts and loosely screw in each using the hex wrench. Do not tighten.
- Repeat the process for the other roller side.
- Tighten all bolts.
- Raise and lower both the roller sides to ensure they are moving freely. You will feel a little pressure as you raise and lower the sides.
- Remove shrink wrap, place your AccuQuilt Studio Die Tray on the rollers and start cutting!
Features and Benefits:
- Foldable for easier storage
- Up to 90% faster than rotary fabric cutters or scissors.
- The steel roller never needs replacing and withstands years of die cutting use.
- Dies cut into reuseable sheets of cutting plastic that provide hundreds of uses.
- Hand-operated fabric die cutting system
- Steel-rule dies to quickly and accurately cut shapes for quilting and fabric crafts
- Hundreds of shapes to choose from: classic designs, circles, hexagons, flowers, strips, rag quilt shapes, quilt block sets and many more
- Cut all types of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, wool, denim and even leather
- Dies never need sharpening
- NOTE: No lubrication is necessary; all bearings are sealed.
- AccuQuilt offers more than 60 patterns to coordinate with dies--perfect for kits.
Lay die flat inside tray with FOAM SIDE UP. Layer die, fabric and cutting plastic. For most accurate cuts, place
fabric on the lengthwise grain.
To conserve fabric, cover only shape to be cut, not entire die board.Push tray, die, fabric and plastic firmly against roller.
in direction you want die to
go. Roll through cutter.Remove cutting plastic and
perfectly cut shapes. Occasionally,
threads may need to be snipped
where cutting blades meet
on the die. Repeat process
from opposite direction.
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
Studio Fabric Chart: Chart below is the recommend number of fabric layers; actual number of fabric layers will vary depending on fabric type and thickness.
Fabric Layers Cotton 8-10 Cotton with Fusible Web 4-6 Batiks 8-10 Fleece 4-6 Flannel 4 Denim 2-4 Leather 2 Wool 4 Batting 4-6 Felt 4 Silk 8-10 Satin 8-10
Care & Maintenance: Cutter For best results, always keep your Studio 2 fabric cutter clean and lint free. To clean the fabric cutter inside and out, use a soft dry cloth. Avoid abrasives, solvents and spray cleaners. If necessary, wipe with a damp cloth, then polish with a dry cloth. Use canned air to clear lint from roller area. The steel roller never needs replacing and withstands years of die cutting use. Please note: Some assembly is required when first setting up your Studio 2 Fabric Cutter.
Care & Maintenance: Dies Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick (55105). Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio 2 Fabric Cutters have a three (3) year guarantee. If you experience any defects in material or workmanship, simply notify AccuQuilt and we will repair or replace the fabric cutter at no charge. All fabric cutter die trays and cutting plastic are consumable parts and are not covered by the warranty. Replace trays annually depending on use. All Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.
- Details and Dimensions
Item 50451 Dimensions
With Sides Down: 24 3/4"W x 30 1/4"L x 8 3/4"H (including handle), 21"W x 30 1/4"L x 8 3/4"H (not including handle)
With Sides Up: 24 3/4"W x 11"L x 14 3/4"H (including Handle), 21" x 11" x 14 3/4" (not including
Weight in lbs. 2 Portable No Fabric Layers Cut Up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time Number of Compatible Dies Over 350 Studio dies + Over 200 GO! Dies (with GO! Die Adapter for Studio) Warranty Limited Three Year Warranty Brand AccuQuilt
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 12 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
- Help & Guides