- Compatible with Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required: Giant Cutting Plastic (60005)
- Cuts four 5 1/2" (14 cm) squares
- Quilters are likely to cut hundreds--even thousands--of squares over their quilting careers. Precision is critical to make the shapes fit together well. AccuQuilt offers a variety of dies that include squares in different sizes and configurations. All of them cut perfectly every time!
- Start by cutting 12" strips into your fabric.
- Then fold your fabric into thirds and cut 12 - 5 1/2" squares across the width of the fabric.
- You can make 36 - 5 1/2" squares out of 1 yard of fabric.
- To create an appliqué? shape simply apply fusible web to fabric and die cut your shape. The shape that you have cut can then be adhered to your background fabric in your choice of appliqué? methods.
- All of the appliqué? shapes can be used in any quilt block design or whole cloth quilt.
- Create appliqué? dish towels by sewing on a one to two inch strip of fabric about three inches form the end of the towel. Above that strip, create your appliqué? design that you choose.
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.
- Details and Dimensions
Designer AccuQuilt Compatible Fabric Cutter Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (50450), Studio Fabric Cutter (50800) Cutting Mat/Plastic Required Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 18 in. (38.1 cm x 45.7 cm) Item 60005 Cut Size (4) - 5 1/2" (14 cm) squares Finished Size 5" (13 cm) Die Board Size Giant, 15 in x 18 in (38.1cm x 45.7cm) Item 50207 Weight in lbs. 10 Brand AccuQuilt Warranty Limited One Year
This item will ship from our facility in 14-20 days after your order is placed.
- Help & Guides
Write Your Review for: Studio Square-5 1/2" (5" Finished) (Quilt Block A) Multiples
Please log in or register a new customer account to write a review.