2017 Quilt Block Design Contest
Entering the Quilt Block Contest is easy! Just follow these simple guidelines:
- Design an original quilt block using AccuQuilt shapes!
- Your design must be a single quilt block, not an entire quilt.
- The design may be hand-drawn, designed in EQ7 or Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, etc.
- Upload an image of your block in .jpg, .gif, .tif or .png format.
- Get your friends, family, and fellow quilters ready to vote daily for your entry August 23 – September 5th
Read through the FAQs below for more details.
How can I submit my entry?
Enter by submitting original entry designs in .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .png format to https://www.accuquilt.com/contest on or before Aug. 22, 2017. Maximum file size is 50 MB. There is no cost to register or enter.
Does my design need to be based on AccuQuilt die shapes?
Yes. If you do not own an AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter, download the GO! Cutting Equivalents Chart which will provide you with the equivalent shapes and sizes that AccuQuilt offers for GO! dies: http://www.accuquilt.com/go-cutting-equivalent
You can also download the AccuQuilt GO! and/or Studio catalog as a reference for available GO! shapes and sizes: http://www.accuquilt.com/catalog-request
What is an original design?
An original design will not infringe upon the copyright of another person’s design. If it is a public domain quilt block design (i.e., a design whose intellectual property rights have expired, have been forfeited or are inapplicable) then it is ok to use.
How many times can I enter?
You may enter as many times as you would like. There is no household limit for entries.
Is there a specific size requirement for entries?
No. You can submit your design in any size you would like. Designs should be in the shape of a square, since they will be displayed as a 17’ x 17’ square on the AccuQuilt building.
How do I vote & when?
To vote, click on the block you want to vote for. Click the ‘Vote’ button, enter your email address and your vote will be submitted. Voting runs August 23 – September 5, 2017.
How many times can I vote?
You can vote once per entry per day. Come back every day to vote for your favorites!
What is the entry deadline?
All entries are due by 11:59 pm CST, Aug. 22, 2017.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be publicaly announced at the AccuQuilt Headquarters, Fall 2017 (date to be determined). Winners will be notified on or before Sept. 15, 2017.
How will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified via phone and e-mail, or at their physical mailing address if they otherwise cannot be reached.
Do I need to send AccuQuilt an actual quilt block?
No. All that’s needed is a digital file of your design in .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .png format.
Do I need to send AccuQuilt a quilt?
No. Please just submit a digital file in one of the file formats listed above.
Can I submit a design in Electric Quilt format?
Electric Quilt designs are acceptable if they are submitted in one of the file formats listed above.
Does my design need to be a traditional quilt block?
No. We’re leaving it open to your creativity. The design must be a unique design. You cannot use a copyrighted design.
How are the designs judged?
- Fans can vote for their favorites throughout voting portion of the contest, from August 23 – September 5, and as often as they like.
- At the end of voting, the field will be narrowed down to the top 10 designs—one will be selected by popular vote and nine will be selected by the AccuQuilt team.
- Guest judge, Eleanor Burns, and the AccuQuilt management team will select Grand Prize and Runner Up winners from Top 10.
- Fan’s Choice prize winner will be selected based on popular vote.
- Retailer prize winner will be selected by top finisher who selected shop of choice.
- Winners will be announced on www.accuquilt.com on or before Sept. 15, 2017.
If I am the grand prize winner and I am unable to travel to the AccuQuilt office for the unveiling, will I receive a substitution for the trip?
Substitutions are allowed if prizes cannot be awarded as described. See full contest rules.