Studio Surgical Face Mask Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
AccuQuilt, along with the other TekBrands family of companies, will be donating the net profits for every mask die sold through August 2020, up to $100,000 to Share our Strength/No Kid Hungry.
This simple style Studio Surgical Face Mask is easy for even beginning sewists. The die includes the mask section as well as a strip shape to make fabric ties for the mask as an alternative to elastic that has been in short supply.
*Please note that the CDC does not consider homemade masks personal protective equipment (PPE) and will only be used by professionals as mask covers or when no other alternative is available.
Visit our Quilting Under Quarantine page for helpful tips, great resources, inspiration and happy thoughts while we are homebound together.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 10 in. x 12 in. (25.4 cm x 30.5 cm) Item 60002
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Studio Die Storage Rack (50801).
How to Die Cut DIY Face Mask Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Rectangle: Cut 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut six rectangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 18 rectangles.
- Strip: Cut 9-1/2" x 1-1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 26 strips across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 78 strips.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Wipe with soft cloth to clean.
AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns
- GO! Baby Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- Studio Fabric Cutter User's Guide
- Customer Service