2013 Grand Prize Winner
by Sue Hageman
4th Annual Barn Quilt Unveiling Event
FIND OUT MORE!
- See this year’s winning design unveiling at our headquarters in Omaha, Neb.
- Friday, June 7, 2013 – open to the public
- Meet special guest, Ricky Tims
2013 Runner Up Prize Winner
by Lee Monroe
View Prize Packages
- Grand Prize Package worth $5,000
- Runner-up Prize Package worth $1,000
- 100 Prize Packages for Top 100 Blocks
2012 Grand Prize Winner
by Belinda Karls-Nace
Design deadline: Sunday, April 7, 2013
View Contest Rules
- Winners announced at AQS Quilt Show
in Paducah, April 24-27, 2013
- No purchase necessary to win
2011 Grand Prize Winner
by Candace D.
History of the Barn Quilt Movement
Donna Sue Groves of Adams County, Ohio initiated the Barn Quilt Movement in October 2001, however, according to Donna Sue’s interview in Quilters’ Save Our Stories (Q.S.O.S.)* by The Alliance for American Quilts, the concept started much earlier.