Studio Circles-Penny Rug-1 1/2", 1 3/4", 2 1/4", 2 1/2"
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
Penny rugs require circle sizes that are concentric. This AccuQuilt die includes four sizes for fast and easy cutting like you've never before experienced. If tedious hand cutting has kept you from enjoying this technique, now's the time to try it!
- Compatible with Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required:Large Cutting Plastic (PK231)
- Cuts one1 1/2" (4 cm), 1 3/4" (4 cm), 2 1/4" (6 cm) and 2 1/2" (6 cm) circles.
- Start by cutting strips 1” wider than the finished circle into your fabric
- Then fan fold the fabric into folds 1” wider than the finished cut circle.
- Place folded fabric on selected circle blade and cut.
- For the 1 ½" circle cut 16 circles across the width of the fabric.
- For the 1 ¾" circle cut 14 circles across the width of the fabric.
- For the 2¼" circle cut 12 circles across the width of the fabric.
- For the 2½” circle cut 11 circles across the width of the fabric.
- You can cut 224 – 1½" circles, 182 - 1¾" circles, 132 - 2¼" circles, or 110 - 2½” circles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- Consider all the possibilities of a circle! AccuQuilt dies are a revolutionary alternative to cutting circles by hand. Why suffer the time, pain and frustration of cutting circles with scissors, when your dies will cut them in an instant -- perfectly?
- Circles can be used for many different applications in quilting, appliqué circles as berries, buttons, eyes, flower centers, or polka dots.
- Cut circles from wool to make penny rugs for table runners, candle mats, and dresser scarves.
Storage:Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 12 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns
- GO! Baby Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- Studio Fabric Cutter User's Guide
- Customer Service