GO! Oven Mitt Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
Here’s to cooking with style! The sky’s the limit on ways to personalize and embellish these useful items for yourself and others.
Warning: Be sure to use heat-resistant batting like Insul-Bright for protection that standard batting will not provide.
Recommended applique space for Oven Mitt is 4" W x 6" H or smaller
Compatible applique dies:
- GO! Bird (55352)
- GO! Bows (55341, small and medium sizes)
- GO! Calico Cat (55065)
- GO! Feathers (55008)
- GO! Flower Bunch (55332)
- GO! Gnome (55210)
- GO! Hearts (55029)
- GO! Nautical Medley (55497)
- GO! Pumpkins (55323)
- GO! Queen of Hearts (55325)
- GO! Rose of Sharon #1 (55045)
- GO! Rustling Leaves #1 (55389)
- GO! Rustling Leaves #3 (55391)
- GO! Sea Life Medley (55190)
- GO! Small Houses (55387)
- GO! Snowflake (55359)
- GO! Spring Medley (55494)
- GO! Stars (55028)
- GO! Summer Medley (55496)
- GO! Trees (55388)
Frequently bought together
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 55205
How to Die Cut Oven Mitt Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To make one oven mitt: Cut four 10" x 16" rectangles (two outer layers and two inner lining layers). Cut two 10" x 16" rectangles of heat-resistant batting such as Insul-Bright® to protect your hands from burns.
- Lay one 10" x 16" piece of lining fabric right side down on the table in front of you. Top with one 10" x 16" piece of insulated batting. Lay one 10" x 16" piece of outer fabric on top of the batting, pin, or baste together. Repeat with remaining lining, batting, and outer layers. Quilt as desired to make two ‘fabric sandwiches’. (Note: You will need to cut two ‘fabric sandwiches’ for each oven mitt.)
- Lay one ‘fabric sandwich’ on die with outer fabric facing up, cover with mat, and cut. Repeat with the second piece but be sure to place it with the outer fabric facing the foam and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Oven Mitt Dies:
- If you need a holiday or seasonal home décor or personalized gifts, oven mitts can be cut in minutes and sewn quickly and easily!
- GO! Oven Mitt is a DIY (“do-it-yourself”) Project die. These are popular shapes of projects that you make for yourself, to give as gifts or to sell.
- No templates are required! The GO! Oven Mitt die includes one shape that is difficult to cut by hand.
- Make it personal! The area on the oven mitt is designed to work with applique shapes that are 4" x 6" or smaller. Find a complete list of compatible AccuQuilt shapes below.
- Cut oven mitts out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free pattern downloads to get you started at accuquilt.com/55563.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Compatible applique dies: GO! Bird (55352), GO! Bows (55341, small & medium sizes), GO! Calico Cat (55065), GO! Feathers (55008), GO! Flower Bunch (55332), GO! Gnome (55210), GO! Hearts (55029), GO! Nautical Medley (55497), GO! Pumpkins, (55323), GO! Queen of Hearts (55325), GO! Rose of Sharon #1 (55045), GO! Rustling Leaves #1 (55389), GO! Rustling Leaves #3 (55391), GO! Sea Life Medley (55190), GO! Small Houses (55387), GO! Snowflake (55359), GO! Spring Medley (55494), GO! Stars (55028), GO! Summer Medley (55496), GO! Trees (55388)
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns