Studio Half Square-3" Finished Triangle (Quilt Block E) Multiples
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
When you combine half squares with each other or with squares, the possibilities are endless! AccuQuilt dies assure that your cuts are accurate every time. Place fabrics on die right sides together before die cutting, pick up a pair and they are ready to sew! Coordinates with 12" Finished Block Set (50253).
AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 5 in. x 15 in. (12.7 cm x 38.1 cm) Item 60001
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Extra Long Cut 5" x 15" (60001) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Extra Long Cut 5" x 15"
- Cut Size: Six 3 1/2" (8.9 cm) Half Sqaure Triangles
- Finished Size: Six 3" (7.6 cm) Half Square Triangles
- Coordinates with 12" Finished Block - Mix & Match pieces
- Die has dog-eared corners
- For perfect half square triangles, layer fabrics on die right sides together, then cut.
- Pick up one pair from the pile and sew with 1/4" seam allowance.
- Press toward darker fabric or as directed in pattern instructions.
- Pre-notched corners eliminate the need to cut off dog ears.
- Two shapes from this dies sew to a 3 1/2" square raw edge to raw edge and finish to 3" square after being sewn to adjacent shapes.
- Start by cutting 4 1/2" strips into your fabric.
- Then fold your fabric strip into thirds and cut 18 triangles across the width of the fabric.
- You can cut 144 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric.
- Half square triangles are a great addition to charm squares for table runners and place mats.
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (50829) or Studio Die Storage Rack (50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns