GO! Clamshell-4" Finished Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
Adds two years to the original one year warranty from the date of purchase. Total combined warranty coverage is three years with this option.
If you experience a manufacturing defect within three years, AccuQuilt will repair or replace the cutter at no charge.
This warranty covers only the cutting unit -- not cutting mats or dies.
Improper use, excessive wear and tear caused by commercial use and / or damage caused by the user will void the warranty.
Whether you like to piece by hand or machine, the classic 4” finished Clamshell is for you. The small Clamshell is fun for quilts, pillows and table runners. Notches included on all curved sides for easy curved piecing. Fits pre-cut 5" squares.
Frequently bought together
How to Die Cut Small Clamshell Shapes:
For best cutting results, it is extremely important to cut with this die on the lengthwise grain.
- Cut a 5" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4 7/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight clamshells across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 clamshells.
Why Quilters Love the Small GO! Clamshell Die:
TIP: It’s easy to change the size of a clamshell quilt by adding more clamshell shapes to the length or width.
Baby (40" x 52") -- 283 Clamshells
Twin (64" x 87") -- 742 Clamshells
Full (77" x 87") -- 874 Clamshells
Queen (84" x 92") -- 1,026 Clamshells
- Whether you like to piece by hand or machine, the classic 4" finished Clamshell is for you. The small Clamshell is fun for quilts, pillows, table runners and more.
- No templates required! The GO! Clamshell die includes a unique shape that is typically difficult to cut by hand.
- No need to be afraid of curves! Clamshell features matching notches on curved seams for easy pinning and piecing.
- Cut clamshell shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller or die pick to clean lint and thread from dies. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns