GO! English Paper Piecing Hexagon-1/2" Finished Sides Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
Do you have lots of tiny scraps? Bust through them with tiny hexies!English Paper Piecing has been keeping quilters busy for centuries—especially at this scale. This die board is designed to easily cut both fabric and paper templates for English Paper Piecing. Fabric die blades fits pre-cut 5" squares.
Frequently bought together
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 5 in. x 10 in. (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm)
How to Die Cut English Paper Piecing Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Tip: Notecards and old business cards make excellent papers.
- Fabric Hexagons: Cut 5 1/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold strip covering the larger hexagon shapes on the die board. Cut 66 hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 396 hexagons.
- Hexagon Paper Pieces: Cut 72 hexagons out of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper or cardstock.
Why Quilters Love the GO! English Paper Piecing Die:
- English Paper Piecing, or EPP as the truly hexie-addicted hand-stitchers call it, is the perfect “purse project.” GO! English Paper Piecing dies are designed to cut both the fabric and the paper (or cardstock) for English Paper Piecing on one die board.
- No templates! No measuring! No need to purchase expensive paper templates! The GO! English Paper Piecing dies allow you to cut out as many or as few hexies and paper templates as needed for a project without having to use a rotary cutter or ruler.
- Imagine the time you will save cutting! This die cuts up to two layers of paper or cardstock on the smaller hexagons (12 in one pass through the cutter) and up to six layers of cotton fabric on the larger hexagons (36 in one pass through the cutter).
- GO! English Paper Piecing includes 1/4" seam allowances on the larger hexagons for cutting fabric.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller or die pick to clean lint and thread from dies. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns