GO! Rick Rack Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
It's difficult to cut perfectly wavy lines when using a rotary cutter or scissors, but they look so cute on a baby quilt! Rick Rack strips add a fun, funky or romantic flowing feel to your quilt projects. The GO! Rick Rack die blades are 23" long and cut through multiple fabric layers of to create one wide and one narrow rick rack shape. Finally, you've caught your perfect wave!
Frequently bought together
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55206
How to Die Cut Rick Rack Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Wide Rick Rack: To cut 4 layers of fabric (with fusible web backing), cut 10" across the width of the fabric. This will create 2 mirror image wide Rick Rack strips. Or cut 5" strips and layer for Rick Rack all in the same orientation.
Fold 10" length of fabric in half—folded with selvages matching—for a 5" x 20" rectangle with 4 layers of fabric. Position the rectangle of fabric on die blades, placing fold at the end of the blades and cut. One yard cuts 7 wide Rick Rack strips.
- Narrow Rick Rack: To cut 4 layers of fabric (with fusible web backing), cut 6" across the width of the fabric. This will create 2 mirror image narrow Rick Rack strips. Or cut 3" strips and layer for Rick Rack all in the same orientation.
Fold 6" length of fabric in half—folded with selvages matching—for a 3" x 20" rectangle with 4 layers of fabric. Position the rectangle of fabric on die blades, placing fold at the end of the blades and cut. One yard cuts 12 narrow Rick Rack strips.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Rick Rack Die:
- Rick Rack 4" wide and 2" narrow strips can be cut to desired length using the lengthwise grain of fabric and placing folds at the ends of the die blades. Slightly overlap ends of strips and applique raw edge to join.
- No template required. The GO! Rick Rack die includes two applique border shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for appliqué borders that are ready to fuse and appliqué. Cut four pre-fused applique shapes in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Easily cut Rick Rack strips for borders, appliqué panels, horizontal strip quilts, bar quilts and more.
- Cut Rick Rack shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns