GO! Scallop Border Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
This die cuts one scalloped or pointed edge border 21" long. The width of the strip can vary depending on your fabric placement on the die board. Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for applique quilt borders, or for layered edging for home decor and apparel projects.
Frequently bought together
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)
How to Die Cut Scallop Border Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
TIP: Scallop borders can be cut to desired length using the lengthwise grain of fabric and placing folds at the ends of the die blade.
- Die blade is 21" long and is open on three sides to allow varied widths and fan foldng of fabric over the die blade to cut longer borders.
- Four layers of fan folded fabric (with fusible web backing) can cut up to 84" of scallop or pointed borders.
- To cut longer lengths of each scallop or pointed border, cover die blades with fabric to your desired width size. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades.
- Number of cuts per one yard of fabric will vary depending on the width of the border.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Scallop Border Die:
- GO! Scallop Border cuts one scallop or pointed edge border 21" long. The width of the strip can vary as the die is designed to only cut the scalloped or pointed edge. Fan fold strip at end of blade for a continuous border strip.
- No template required. The GO! Scallop Border die includes two applique border shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for appliqué borders that are ready to fuse and appliqué. Cut four pre-fused appliqué shapes in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Easily cut borders, appliqué panels or cascade layers of fabric for dimension.
- Cut scallop border shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller or die pick to clean lint and thread from dies. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns