GO! Square-5" (4 1/2" Finished) Die
AccuQuilt Rewards is FREE.
- Earn Reward Points for orders placed, reviewing products and referring friends.
- Redeem Reward Points for discounts on future purchases.
Squares are literally the basic building block of quilting. Use the GO! Square die to precisely cut 5" squares for a finished 4 1/2" square. These are also just the right size for charm squares! Coordinates with AccuQuilt's Mix and Match system dies to create 9-inch finished blocks.
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500), GO! (55100S) and GO! Baby (55600) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 6" x 12" Cutting Mat (55112) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 6" x 12"
- Cut Size: Includes seam allowance. (2) 5"W x 5"H (12.7 cm x 12.7 cm) squares
- Finished Size: 4 1/2"W x 4 1/2"H (11.4 cm x 11.4 cm) squares
- Coordinates with GO! Qube Mix & Match 9" Block (55777)
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage 6” x 12” (55851) or GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
Why Quilters Love the GO! 5" Square Die:
- Quilters love precut 5" squares (aka Charm Packs) because there are thousands of Charm Pack patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Charm Packs! The GO! Square-5" die is the perfect size to cut your own Charm Packs with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-5" includes two squares on the die which means you can cut (12) 5" squares in one pass!
- GO! Square-5" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Square-6" a great beginner piecing shape and for making ismple square quilts for charity.
- Use GO! Square-5" to cut smaller applique background square that are all the same size!
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Packaging includes a free pattern to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time. For thicker fabrics, start with fewer layers and build up.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
AccuQuilt GO! Dies are guaranteed for one year. We may deny warranty coverage if the product is damaged from using an unauthorized part.
In stock items will ship within 2 business days if ordered before 12:00 p.m. CST Mon-Fri. Most in-stock items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Please note that deadlines for certain items, including Deluxe Cutting Cabinets (SKU 50903), are different than those of general merchandise as those items cannot be expedited. To make sure your gift selection can arrive on time, always check the Shipping tab located at the bottom of the specific product page.
The shipping time frames above apply to in-stock merchandise delivered to the contiguous United States, and does not include Alaska, Hawaii or APO/FPO addresses.
Studio Backordered items are currently out of stock, but are available for purchase. Your entire order will ship with the backordered item(s) within 10 business days.
Pre-Order items will ship as indicated on the product page. Once shipped, your items will arrive at your U.S. address 3-8 business days (Ground Shipping) after your order is shipped.
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns
- GO! Baby Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter Starter Set User's Guide
- Studio Fabric Cutter User's Guide
- Customer Service